How to remove nail polish easily?
Nail polish removal is the worse part in manicures, indeed. The most effective, less damaging and more practical the whole operation is, the happyer we are.
Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover.
This little bottle offers a solution with so many strenghts that it has become uber popular and the range has now been extended (scroll down). It works with any brand of regular nail polish (no gel or hybrid) and now there also is a special glitter nail polish remover option.
- You dip your tips in the product, wait a few seconds, move and twist your finger a bit, and it effortlessly dissolves nail polish. It’s fast, effective and the formula isn’t aggressive on nails or skin.
- You can remove your lacquer from one finger only without ruining the rest of your manicure, perfect for one chipped nail or for when you mess up with one finger lacquer application.
- The ingredients are friendly: NO parabens, sulfates, phthatales, GMOs, triclosan. liquid makeup remover comes in two sizes. The smaller size bottle being just perfect for a travel bag, not too small, not too big.
- The size of the bottle is just perfect for a travel bag, not too small, not too big and it lasts around 10 nail polish removals.
- I personally like to wash my hands with water afterwards, but if you do like me, please just stay for a few seconds in the water and then wait at least 15 min after your hands are dry since we all know that humid nail plates don’t get along with long lasting manicures.
If you are a fan of Sephora Collection beauty products you can also check my Sephora express waterproof eye makeup remover review and if you wear mascara you could learn tips and tricks in my Sephora lash comb review.
Sephora Express nail polish remover wipes.
While the classic manicure bottle does wonders for me and I have been using it non stop since Sephora launched it, it really pains me but I have to say that the Express nail polish remover wipes don’t do a good job for me. I love the formula and the wipes idea is genius for emergency (they fit any makeup pouch, think office, or light travel) but I really wish that they were a lot more moist and that the price point wasn’t so high, especially if a good job requires more than 1 wipe. I need 2 or 3 wipes for 10 fingers, the operation can be messy and sorry to say it, too expensive.
Sephora Express nail polish remover for feet:
Same wonderful idea and great formula as the manicure version, mild on nails and cuticules. The bottle has been redesigned (see pics) buuut… our toes being way shorter than our hand fingers, it’s easy to squeeze the foam without even lodging your toes in the center hole. If the pre-latered foam is very moist you are at risk of pouring product, especially if you press too much to introduce your fingers. While the product is amazing, it’s just not ergonomic and the whole practical aspect could be rethinked. (Pssst… Sephora, I have a couple of ideas on that matter, just in case you are interested.)
Veryverve makeup tip:
To preserve a new bottle I often keep an old bottle (sooo used that it still removes a good part of the nail polish but some color stays on your tips) to take off a first part of nail polish, I then use the new bottle to perfect the job.SEPHORA Instant Nail Polish Remover and wipes